+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rust

title putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt's Avatar

Rust

Does anyone here play games on PC? If so, I just bought Rust, which looks like it would be cool to play together. It's a survival game made by the Garry's Mod guy. It's in alpha now, so it's really incomplete, but I think the developers have plans to add a bunch of shit to the game.

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

Re: Rust

Man, that looks pretty addictive. I could dig it.

title putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt is a God putt's Avatar

It is very addictive. There's a bit of a grind to it, because you have to find research plans for all the best equipment/building materials. But after you find all the research plans, you're pretty much on your own to build bases and fuck with people.

This is amazing! The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel's Avatar

Just bought it.
    http://i.imgur.com/CfxHR.jpg

Sweet! The server I play at is 173.234.122.82:28025. If you don't know the server commands, you connect to it by pushing F1 to bring up the console, and typing "net.connect 173.234.122.82:28025" without the quotation marks. If you try to play on the server though, it's sort of unfortunate timing. It used to be called "It's Always Sunny in Rust" and had between 10 and 20 people at peak hours. Yesterday though, the server was renamed to "Blame Frank Reynolds" and the map was wiped, meaning all player created buildings were destroyed. I don't know what happened, but that basically killed the server. I'm going to stick it out for a few days to see if things pick up again because that was the best server I played at so far, but I may have to abandon ship if the server stays empty for too long.

Also, another useful console command is "censor.nudity false". It makes it so everybody's running around in their birthday suits.

Oh, and my steam name is compo.

Scratch that network from my last post. It looks like It's Always Sunny In Rust is officially dead. I guess I have to find a new home now.

Brad. iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp's Avatar

I really want to try this game. Seems like the type of game that sucks if you don't play with friends, though, like I've heard about DayZ.
    -Brad

Suf Jan Stevens and I, best bros for all eternity.

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

It depends on the population of the server you play on. If you play on a high population server, with like >80 people, then you're pretty much fucked. Your average life will be 5 minutes, and even if you do get something going, you'll inevitably be raided by the next day unless you built your house in some extremely inconvenient spot on a mountain. On the other hand, there are thousands of servers that never have any players on them at any given time. Playing on one of those servers is esentially like playing a single player game, but that sucks in its own way because you get bored after a while.

I think the magic number that I've found so far for playing by yourself is about 30 players. With that many players, you can make it on your own, but there's still a lively chat and you run into the occasional person that you have to deal with.

Brad. iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp's Avatar

I got it, this game is pretty freaking addicting. I've already made some allies and have a nice little base going.

Soon, I'm going to start being the police, and finding people and arresting them and putting them in jail.
    -Brad

Suf Jan Stevens and I, best bros for all eternity.

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

Yeah man, that's the best part in this game. The part where after you establish yourself and just start fucking around with people. In that server I played at before it shut down, I lived out the life of a hillbilly who would sit in the mountains and indiscriminantly snipe people with a bolt action rifle. It was so awesome.

I have found a new server to play at. It's called Drunken Viking Pantaloon Raids, and the address is 50.97.34.100:29715. It's a really low population server though. I needed a break from people for a while. But anyway, in case anyone wanted to join.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information