+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playstation Plus

Brad. iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp's Avatar

Playstation Plus

I got 3 months free when I bought my Vita. I always thought about buying it before, but never did. Now that I have it, I'm subscribing for a year (they have a promo now where if you buy 1 year, you get 3 months free).

It's an incredible service for what you pay. Automatic save backups to the cloud, automatic updates for your system and games, new free games each week, and sweet discounts each week as well.

I got like 3 Vita games, 1 PSP game, and like 6 PS3 games - all AAA titles like Uncharted:GA, Gravity Shift, Rush, LBP2, Infamous 2, Rachet and Clank All 4 1, etc. On top of these, you get lots of indie games too.

Does anyone else have it?
    -Brad

Suf Jan Stevens and I, best bros for all eternity.

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

HG HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian's Avatar

Re: Playstation Plus

Sorry to break the news to you but Wii U Plus is better. All the Zeldas plus like 4 Marios and Diddy Kong Racing are included. And you get 10% off all Yoshi apparel in the Nintendo Shop all of February. It's only $9.95 a year.

Cool Cool Cool

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

I've never got a clear answer on whether or not Playstation Plus offers party chat or not.
    Can you clear that up?

Anyway, I think I've had it with PSN.
    If Microsoft can deliver reliable hardware out of the gate this generation, I might give them first crack at my money.
    XBL is still just so far ahead of PSN it hurts.

There is also the issue of Blu-ray though, so we'll see.
    I ain't getting both, that's for sure.

Analrapist BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck is a God BillyBobRedneck's Avatar

If I didn't have a 40gb PS3 I'd definately be more inclined to get plus, same goes for downloading games off of XBL since I still have the first gen 360.

This is amazing! The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheZenMan View Post
    I've never got a clear answer on whether or not Playstation Plus offers party chat or not.
    Can you clear that up?
    Nope.
    http://i.imgur.com/CfxHR.jpg

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

Bastards.

Brad. iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheZenMan View Post
    Can you clear that up?
    Anyway, I think I've had it with PSN.
    If Microsoft can deliver reliable hardware out of the gate this generation, I might give them first crack at my money.
    XBL is still just so far ahead of PSN it hurts.

There is also the issue of Blu-ray though, so we'll see.
    I ain't getting both, that's for sure.
    Are you serious? PSN blows XBL out of the water. You realize you have to pay for XBL just to use Netflix and all other online features, right? It's stupidly retarded.
    -Brad

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

Quote Originally Posted by iaacp View Post
    Are you serious? PSN blows XBL out of the water. You realize you have to pay for XBL just to use Netflix and all other online features, right? It's stupidly retarded.
    Come on.
    Just being free means very little.

Netflix is junk anyway dude, Hulu Plus? Not bad.

I could still be enjoying MX vs ATV REFLEX on a console if I had the 360 version, all due to XBL and how it works.
    But as it stands, I have moved to the PC where it's just me and like 2 other guys.

And yes, I'm serious.

I don't see what you mean about MX vs ATV.

Why do you think Xbox Live is better?
    -Brad

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

It's more feature rich, and seems to just plain function better.
    And my comparisons are from the original Xbox to my PS3.

Playing Project Gotham Racing, Rally Sport Challenge and Rainbow 6 on XBL were bliss.
    It was smart, and worked great.

As for REFLEX, the 360 version offered more features in the way of multiplayer due to XBL.
    You could invite your friends into public races, on the ps3 you could only invite them into private rooms.
    And when you were all on a mic, the 360 version let you see who was in the room, and who was talking.
    Oh and the mics actually fucking worked on the 360.
    Not to mention the 360 version ran in 1080p and the ps3 got stuck with 720p.

PSN has come a long way, but to say it blows XBL out of the water seems fanboysih, even for you.
    XBL is badass, that's all I'm saying.

All of those issues and differences between the Xbox and PS3 versions stem from Rainbow's implementation of the game though, not XBL/PSN as a platform. There's nothing the PS3 API does to prevent you from inviting friends to public games. Maybe Rainbow didn't know how to do it, or was inexperienced with programming on the PS3. Same goes for the mics and video output.

It sounds like maybe you just prefer the Xbox platform overall, since for a long time it was generally the easier console to do stuff with. That's why there were noticeable quality differences between games for a while.

I really have no idea where I'm going next gen. I'm really happy with my PS3 which I've had since the beginning - but man was it a slow start. Overall I think they have the stronger exclusives and I think the PS3 certainly does some things better, while some things worse. There's no way I'm going to be willing to fork out $400 or more for the next consoles, and I'm definitely not going to own both. I've got a Wii U which I'm hoping has a great future, and a strong PC. Sony might be unveiling the PS4 on the 20th, we'll see what they show.

Oh, and please don't bring up Rainbow 6. Knowing I'll never be that happy playing a game again makes me sad. Did you know the guys behind that and many other awesome tactical shooters are working on a new title? I supported it on Kickstarter but it didn't beat their goal. http://www.groundbranch.com/
    -Brad

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

Borderlands 1 and 2 also sucks on the PSN.
    Mics still don't work and that dumb ass friend's list shit is embarrassing.

And don't even get me started on DCUO, it makes me sick that I didn't just play that on the PC from day one.

Honestly, I care less about vidyas with each passing day, and pretty much hate computers altogether.
    I will still probably get one of the next gen consoles, but mainly for dirtbike and fishing games to play in the dead of winter.

Even Far Cry 3 lost my attention in record time, and I know that game rules, so it's just me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information