+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiconsole.

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

Re: Multiconsole.

Man, I'd never feel that way.

I fucking love death metal.

Reg TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God

Do you listen to anything else?

What is it about the music that does it for you? Can you understand what the vocalist is saying, or does that not really matter for you?

Do you not get upset that when you're driving in your car you can't just be a douche and sing a long with the CD in the disk player?
    Or just get some good weed - Joey 'CoCo' Diaz

Brad. iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurbanator View Post
    me too. blue album is one my fav albums of all time

Oh man, Weezer was one of the best bands I've seen live, and I expected them to suck since their music has gone mostly down hill over the years. But no, they played a pretty great setlist that yeah, mostly was comprised of singles, but they were a ton of fun and really good.
    -Brad

Suf Jan Stevens and I, best bros for all eternity.

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

Brad. iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheZenMan View Post
    Do you guys like any death metal?
    Not really, I don't really like growling.

Which is why I was kind of butthurt when you recommended Demonic by Testament.

I don't know if that counts as growling, but its pretty deep.
    -Brad

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

My girlfriend showed me this song and I think it's awesome:

-Brad

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

Reg TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God TheTurbanator is a God

I can tell your gf recommended it, lol.

I dig it man, I like the feeling, the mood and the vibe you get from listening to it. I don't know if I'd want to listen to it again though, lol

Good shit

Oh, I know. I don't know if I'd like to pick up a cd by them, but I like hearing that song from time to time.

This is good too:
    -Brad

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurbanator View Post
    Do you listen to anything else?

What is it about the music that does it for you? Can you understand what the vocalist is saying, or does that not really matter for you?

Do you not get upset that when you're driving in your car you can't just be a douche and sing a long with the CD in the disk player?
    Yeah, sometimes. I usually listen to death metal or thrash most days.

Today I did Overkill, Annihilator, Megadeth and Suicidal Tendencies so far.
    Sometimes I'll listen to nothing but Jungle Rot, or Kataklysm, or maybe a mix of all death metal, or maybe throw in some more thrash or just metal, like Judas Priest.

Death metal is just my favorite because of it's raw and primal appeal. It's bestial and violent.
    Nothing on earth can match it's pure intensity.

It gets me off and often just one riff will literally gives me full body goosebumps. It's fucking awesome.
    And I don't know if it's just the years, or what, but I don't have a hard time understanding the words.

Anyway, a real metalhead gets stoned and reads all the lyrics whenever he buys a CD.
    So, we usually know a lot of song lyrics by memory.

And I don't enjoy singing, so no, not singing along or singing at all doesn't bother me.
    I like singing in music though, I just don't participate, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by iaacp View Post
    Not really, I don't really like growling.

Which is why I was kind of butthurt when you recommended Demonic by Testament.

I don't know if that counts as growling, but its pretty deep.
    I appreciate it and all, but when did you guys start taking me and my questions serious?

I mean, I'm happy to have the conversation, but I knew none of you liked death metal. I was just being a tool.

It's pretty much just me and Spider and sometimes Soy that like it.

Sorry, I meant to say:

I FUCKING LUROVOOOOOVE DEATH METAL
    -Brad

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

LOL YOU CANT EVEN HANDLE DEMONIC!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is totally not death metal by the way.

Siemens Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis is a God Nemesis's Avatar
    investigating the origin of 'porker' AND 'slampig'

i'm curious how important a "build-up" is to everyone from a musical perspective. or, from a more broad perspective, an interesting emotional structure?

for me, if a song maintains the same level of intensity throughout, i will have a high propensity to just get bored. even when i want to relax and listen to a song, i need some sort of emotional buildup and release, rather than a more steady relaxing tune.
    dumb and dumber (not dumberer, cause that was straight retarded) core cube hell raisor freddys dead beavis and butthead do america poltergiest 2 (3 sucked and the lil girl was ugly) The anchor man War of the Worlds (the old one, not so recent one, and 2007 one) the mummy 3 (which was disapointing)

I can dig that, but I get off on breakdowns, tempo changes, moving from pounding the guitar strings like an animal right into something melodic and thoughtful, shit like that.

But if you mean a buildup like Opeth does or this, fuck yeah. That shit's awesome.
    Just not required.

I have no title SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte's Avatar
    Canada...NOT IN RAY'S BED, HOUSE OR COUNTRY!

For me death metal vocals is simply another instrument that adds to the intensity of it all. I personally don't listen to death metal for the lyrics (for the most part)...to me the lyrics are irrelevant. Its all about the music.

Don't get me wrong...a singer's voice is also an instrument as well, but in some ways much more separate from the rest of the band.

Hey, I've said that for years.

My brother and dad and shit were always like "You call that singing? lolololololol!" when I was a kid and I'd be all like "Nope."

No one pretends it's singing. It's a vocalist.
    A puking, hellish, beast from hell fucking vocalist.

I have no title SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte is a God SpiderByte's Avatar
    Canada...NOT IN RAY'S BED, HOUSE OR COUNTRY!

Quote Originally Posted by TheZenMan View Post
    Hey, I've said that for years.

My brother and dad and shit were always like "You call that singing? lolololololol!" when I was a kid and I'd be all like "Nope."

No one pretends it's singing. It's a vocalist.
    A puking, hellish, beast from hell fucking vocalist.
    Exactly...and thats what I tell people. Its not singing...and its not trying to be. Its another instrument...that happens to have lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    i'm curious how important a "build-up" is to everyone from a musical perspective. or, from a more broad perspective, an interesting emotional structure?

for me, if a song maintains the same level of intensity throughout, i will have a high propensity to just get bored. even when i want to relax and listen to a song, i need some sort of emotional buildup and release, rather than a more steady relaxing tune.
    Not necessary, but definitely something I'm into.
    I like long epic songs that tell stories, I like songs that have tempo changes and mood changes - IMO it all shows the creativity of the artist, and anything that does that is awesome.

Yeah, like how some bands can literally tell the story with just the music.

Amon Amarth does that so fucking well, like in Embrace of The Endless Ocean.
    At the end, when you're being swallowed, the music feels like frigid water.
    It's just fucking beautiful.

I stroke the blade with my hand,
    The sharp edge cuts the skin.
    Blood drips to the rain-wet sand;
    My journey can begin.

Once a slave, but now I'm free
    My honor is restored!
    Once again, I ride the seas
    Free at last, from whip and oar

I slide the sword into the sheath
    The ocean god is hailed
    And as we push out to the sea
    We raise the red-striped sails

I've missed the breeze of my home shore
    The frozen lakes and winter snow...
    But now my dream starts to unfold.
    Father, I'm coming home!

The storm came down without remorse
    And water crushed the rails
    The ship was thrown back and forth
    And strong wind ripped the sails

The icy waves embrace my skin,
    I am going numb
    The endless ocean swallows me
    This will be, my cold wet tomb!

Won't feel the breeze of my home shore
    Nor see the lakes or winter snow...
    My hopeful dreams lie ripped and torn
    Father, I die alone, I die alone!

Since it's death metal and all, I better give you these...just in case.

Bad ass fucking track.
    Vikings were some scary mother fuckers

Yeah, in a tidy way they kinda are what death metal aims to sound like. It's a perfect fit.

Unless it's American death metal, then it's usually about sick fucks who torture and eat people on a quite patch of land somewhere near a swamp, or maybe a zombie holocaust.

I love it all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information