+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Think your state is broke? At least you aren't California.

Reg Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes's Avatar

Think your state is broke? At least you aren't California.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-proposal.html
    Deep cuts in state services -- even the elimination of some landmark programs -- are expected to be the foundation of the plan Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger presents Friday afternoon for closing the state’s multibillion-dollar budget gap.
    The budget proposal will contain no tax increases, according to Schwarzenegger spokesman Aaron McLear.
    Administration officials have declined to provide details of the programs the governor will suggest scaling back or abolishing, but McLear said the spending plan would include “absolutely terrible cuts.”
    Programs the governor has signaled would be targeted include in-home healthcare for the elderly and disabled, welfare and other social services. Reductions for public schools are expected to be included as well.
    The only area of the budget Schwarzenegger has singled out for increased funding this year is higher education. He said last month that he would veto any effort “to tinker around with” his proposal to give more to state colleges and universities.
    California faces an estimated $18.6-billion shortfall, which amounts to roughly 20% of its general fund spending. Without raising taxes, balancing the budget would require cutbacks equivalent to releasing every prisoner in the state, closing state prisons and cutting off all funding for the University of California and California State University systems.

In January, Schwarzenegger said his administration would lobby the federal government for as much as $7 billion in assistance to limit the extent of the cuts. But Washington is expected to provide only about half that amount.
    The governor’s spending outline will kick off the summer budget negotiating season in Sacramento, with lawmakers scrambling to craft a spending plan by the end of the fiscal year June 30. The Legislature has met that deadline only a handful of times in the last four decades.

The legislative showdown over this is going to be a circus. Can't wait for the Democratic legislature to go all crocodile tears on us.

"bububu you can't cut in home services! Find the money elsewhere! Raise taxes!"

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

Re: Think your state is broke? At least you aren't California.

Worry not, I've ALWAYS known Calolfornia sucks.

We all know.

Reg Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes's Avatar

The landscape is nice and the women are some of the finest, but other than that this state can go fuck itself.

I like being a guy MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang is a God MsThang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
    The landscape is nice and the women are some of the finest, but other than that this state can go fuck itself.
    I think the notion that women in one state or region are "hotter" than others is so completely ridiculous that I can't even comprehend how someone could think that.

HG HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian's Avatar

Uhhh have you ever seen movies? They are true.

Cool Cool Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MsThang View Post
    I think the notion that women in one state or region are "hotter" than others is so completely ridiculous that I can't even comprehend how someone could think that.
    Hot chicks tend to congregate. California has the most residents of any state, thus we tend to have the most hot chicks.

And I've been all over this country, and the world for that matter. There are definitely some places where the women are just... eesh.

I will say that Lebanon absolutely shocked me. My head was on a swivel. It's like Vegas over there, except it only takes 1/10th the amount of money to come off as wealthy. Shazam.

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

I don't buy it.

I think we see what we wanna see and will continue to see it no matter what state we look or live in.

Example: Take someone from Chicago who thinks everyone around them is an ignorant douche bag and drop them somewhere in Tennessee.
    They will continue to view everyone as idiots.

Relocate someone from Oregon who finds friends everywhere they look to Detroit and they will continue to make friends.

It's all in your head bro.

HG HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian's Avatar

I'm someone from Michigan who knew that everyone around him was an ignorant douche bag, and now I'm in Tennessee and the people here are generally nicer. I thought the stereotype was complete bullshit...

Cool Cool Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheZenMan View Post
    I don't buy it.

I think we see what we wanna see and will continue to see it no matter what state we look or live in.

Example: Take someone from Chicago who thinks everyone around them is an ignorant douche bag and drop them somewhere in Tennessee.
    They will continue to view everyone as idiots.

Relocate someone from Oregon who finds friends everywhere they look to Detroit and they will continue to make friends.

It's all in your head bro.
    Dude... you know how I feel about the Arab world. So when I say that the chicks in Lebanon were smokin', that shows I'm not entirely biased.

Cali takes the cake though. Just look at our college girls. Mmm.

Quote Originally Posted by HaloGuardian View Post
    I'm someone from Michigan who knew that everyone around him was an ignorant douche bag, and now I'm in Tennessee and the people here are generally nicer. I thought the stereotype was complete bullshit...
    Dang. Maybe we should move there too.

Brad. iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp's Avatar

Actually, I am. I'd like an apology please.

Plus, I'll be living in Alpine and Point Loma this summer. Where abouts in SD are you?
    -Brad

Suf Jan Stevens and I, best bros for all eternity.

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

Are you asking me or the dude with the average 7 inch penis?

Brad. iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp's Avatar

Average James over here.

You don't live in SD, do you?
    -Brad

Suf Jan Stevens and I, best bros for all eternity.

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

No.

And I'm not seven inches either....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information