+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What do you think of the proposed immigration reform bill?

Reg Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes's Avatar

Re: What do you think of the proposed immigration reform bill?

Quote Originally Posted by TheZenMan View Post
    Why do you like the idea of a National ID?

Independent of the immigration issues.
    I'm not opposed to the idea of citizens being able to prove they're citizens without busting out twelve different forms of ID that can be summed up on one national ID. We have birth certificates, SS cards, drivers licenses, state IDs, passports, etc. that can all be replaced, for the most part, with one national ID.

The problem with using driver's licenses for this is that states are free to set their own standards for who can and cannot get licenses. California tried to hand out licenses to illegals seven years ago, which was the last nail in Gov. Davis' coffin. Now if you're advocating the federal government set requirements for state driver's license applications... what the hell is the difference between that and a federal ID? Sure, you'll apply at a state-run agency, but the differenece between a state-issued card with federally-written requirements and a federally-issued card with federally-written requirments is purely cosmetic. Also, rather than having 50 different looking cards that ICE/INS/airport security/police officers are going to have to look at and memorize perfectly, you'll have one. It makes things a lot easier and more practical while infringing upon zero Constitutional rights. This isn't going to whipe out the 4th Amendment, contrary to claims from the libertarian aluminum club.

Now the idea of storing all the info "locally" on the card is absolutely stupid. Link it up to a national DB and make sure the information checks out between the card and the DB. That would whipe out the majority of the forgery attempts.

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

Hmm.

Calolfornians see things weird I guess.

Reg Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes is a God Grimes's Avatar

Only the ones who are right. All the wrong ones see it the other way.

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

Which is weird, cuz both are wrong.

That's umpossible.

Dang.

So that means in any example of opposing views, one of them is always right?

Even Republicans and Democrats.

Obviously.

It's like the concept of dividing by zero. Some say it can't be done, but in reality they're just not looking hard enough.

I bet it's the Democrats then.

Since they have the President right now. Is that how you tell?

That's a tough position to argue against.

I know right?

Obama!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information