+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the proposed immigration reform bill?

This is amazing! The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel's Avatar

What do you think of the proposed immigration reform bill?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/...ion/index.html

Link to the bill here:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezr...28R-S-M%29.pdf

The card will also possess the following characteristics: (1) biometric identifiers, in the
    form of templates, that definitively tie the individual user to the identity credential; (2) electronic
    authentication capability; (3) ability to verify the individual locally without requiring every
    employer to access a biometric database; (4) offline verification capability (eliminating the need
    for 24-hour, 7-days-per-week online databases); (5) security features that protect the information
    stored on the card; (6) privacy protections that allow the user to control who is able to access the
    data on the card; (7) compliance with authentication and biometric standards recognized by
    domestic and international standards organizations. The new biometric social security card shall
    enable the following outcomes: (1) permit the individual cardholder to control who can access
    their information; (2) allow electronic authentication of the credential to determine work
    authorization; and (3) possession of scalability of authentication capability depending on the
    requirement of the application.

What the hell is the point of using the card to authorize people to work if it doesn't authenticate to a central server. I've no confidence that the government can get the crypto right.
    http://i.imgur.com/CfxHR.jpg

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

Re: What do you think of the proposed immigration reform bill?

I think the whole thing is broken and simply a hoax.

This is just noise, it means jack fuck and fixes nothing.

It's just about getting votes, period.

This is amazing! The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel is a God The Bagel's Avatar

The proposal would also beef up border patrol, increase fines for people employ illegals and try to tax illegals and make them register.

But they are clever enough to get in the country in the first place, fines are already proven ineffective and if they can dodge border patrols they can dodge the IRS.

The card is sorta silly anyway because anyone who hires illegals now still won't use the system.

I'm sleep. TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan is a God TheZenMan's Avatar

The neat thing is, none of those boarder guards will be allowed to to anything at all in any capacity.

And if they do, they'll be jailed.

Plus, why legalize 10.8 million illegals in addition to this? Fuck all these fucking scumbags.

It's bullshit.

It's legalize and tax the 10.8 million, not that the IRS will be able to collect.

Well good.

I guess that makes sense.

It would if any of the 10.8 million would actually pay taxes.

We seem to be in complete agreement on this matter.

Sounds like it, but you sometimes trick me.

I won't be hurt again.

Awesomeness Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness is a God Dudeness's Avatar

The govt. hasn't enforced the law we already have, so I've not much confidence in their ability (more like I just don't think they care) to enforce whatever is in this bill. I haven't checked it out yet, but I'd like to see what Arizona is doing spread to more states. I'm thinking this could be more effective if each state polices their own borders because they'll have more at stake to make it work.

Pizza: All 4 food groups.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one." Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by TheZenMan View Post
    Sounds like it, but you sometimes trick me.

I won't be hurt again.

No tricks.

Also as for Arizona, it is pretty much the only mildly effective law I've seen in this regard, unfortunately I don't think the ends justify the means.

HG HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian is a God HaloGuardian's Avatar

any bill with the word "biometric" in it I support.

Cool Cool Cool

What about biomimetics?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bagel View Post
    No tricks.

Also as for Arizona, it is pretty much the only mildly effective law I've seen in this regard, unfortunately I don't think the ends justify the means.
    See?

"unfortunately I don't think the ends justify the means"

This is how you trick me. You "agree", then you say this.

Which I'm guessing, means you still feel the whole thing is fueled by racists who just hate brown people.

Brad. iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp is a God iaacp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheZenMan View Post
    See?

"unfortunately I don't think the ends justify the means"

This is how you trick me. You "agree", then you say this.

Which I'm guessing, means you still feel the whole thing is fueled by racists who just hate brown people.
    Lol! Are you implying it's not?

I bet you're white too, fucking neo nazi racist fuck. Get out of my country.
    -Brad

Suf Jan Stevens and I, best bros for all eternity.

J U N E 1 9 , 2 0 1 1

"On April 30, the Arizona legislature passed House Bill 2162, which modified the law that had been signed by Governor Brewer, with the amended text stating that "prosecutors would not investigate complaints based on race, color or national origin."[31] The new text also states that police may only investigate immigration status incident to a "lawful stop, detention, or arrest", lowers the original fine from a minimum of $500 to a maximum of $100, and changes incarceration limits from 6 months to 20 days for first-time offenders.[28] Another modification to the original bill indicates that violations of local civic ordinances may give local officials reason to question immigration status,[32] but explicitly limits the right to determine such status to law enforcement officers authorized by the federal government.[28]"

That makes it slightly better.

I don't know...

I guess we'll see.

We shall.

Oh....I'll fucking look.

Don't you dare fucking look!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information