+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Civilization Revolution

Dun make me cut joo! GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan's Avatar

Civilization Revolution

This new version of Civilization, built for the consoles, would be great if it worked and had a few more features. Being a huge Civilization fan, I was really excited to pick up a version of the game built around online play but the dream fell apart for 3 major reasons:

-The online mode DOESN'T WORK! I think I've tried to join somewhere around 200 online games and so far only ONE didn't give me the 'failed to join game' message. In that one game we could only get 3 people because others couldn't join our game and then one player lost connection 30 minutes in. Needless to say, this is dissapointing in a game made for online play.

-There's a complete lack of subtle diplomacy with CPU players. In the computer games you could trade tech/maps/open borders, adopt religions and do all sorts of other things to get other countries on your side(or against you). In Civ Rev the computer has an AI that basically says "Can I win a war and does he have something I want? If so, demand that something and declare war if I don't get it." Seriously... they have absolutely no ability to think outside of that narrow range. This wouldn't be a problem if not for the multiplayer problems mentioned earlier.

-There's no option to continue playing after the victory conditions have been met. What the fuck is up with that? Every single Civ game I'm aware of has had this feature. Why not let me enjoy launching my nuclear stockpile after winning a cultural victory? Fucking stupid is what it is.

Beyond all of that bullshit its a great game thats worth playing. I would advise getting the DS version since its the same game just without all the graphics additions of the consoles. Besides, unless they patch its not like you'll be playing online anyway....
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. "
    -Mohandas Gandhi

"doesn't know Jackshit" Of Hearts Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player's Avatar

Re: Civilization Revolution

Thanks for the review

Reg makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli

I think its rather fun, although the computer AI online is a joke. It was me, a friend v 3 computer players. My friend rushed for tanks and completely dominated(which pissed me off since i was going for the manhattan project)
    GT: GoddammNick
    MW2, BF2, Madden 10
    OBAMA

nukes only beat tanks if you can build it.
    Worldleaders choose worldleaders, redefine the enemy
    - Atari Teenage Riot
    pragmatist

n : a person who takes a practical approach to problems
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself."
    - Albert Einstein

Dun make me cut joo! GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan's Avatar

Nukes aren't all that good in CivRev anyway. While a single nuke does more damage compared to other Civ games, you can only get one and it can only be delivered as an ICBM. I miss having fleets of nuclear submarines parked right off the enemy shores...

Civ Rev is a decent game, but it mostly just made me want to play more Civ4
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. "
    -Mohandas Gandhi

Reg makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli makaveli

yea i agree, tho i never played any other of the civ games really this one seems to lack a few things.

I wouldn't mind making the nuke less powerful but being able to build more of them. AND shortant the time length. The first turns go in 100 year increments. so you start at what, 4k bc then drop to 3,900..its kinda fast. and an extra 10-20 turns isnt that much, ya know.
    GT: GoddammNick
    MW2, BF2, Madden 10
    OBAMA

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information