+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Transformers

defender of good music djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz's Avatar

Transformers

Well while some people are saying this is the best movie of the summer..... before even seeing it..... I'd like to give a different opinion. It's Friday, I'm bored, let's review because I actually saw it.

Graphics/CGI: 9.5 Well it's pretty hard to beat Speilberg throwing money at animation mostly for this movie and I can't remember but did Lucas do the special effects? I'm asking because I know some people here have no life as to much to expect every post I do to be 100% factual on every sentence I say, so I'll say I don't remember right up front. Regardless it is great but so fast they don't really ever slow down enough to appreciate all the work the designers did a lot of times. Still it's pretty amazing watching the chase scene with Prime and the fight with the tank decepticon and the autobots near the end.

Action: 8.8 While your going to feel your balls rattle at parts of the movie your also going to wonder in the middle why you have to see so much story in a movie about robots kicking other robots ass. The fight scenes are great, but I wanted a few more for how publicized everywhere this was before it even came out.

Story: 6.5 Come on it's Michael Bay creator of those moving movies like Armageddon, Bad Boys, and The Rock. His dialogue is so bad you would think he has a brain deficiency or has never talked to people in real life. In his world people are always in a competition and people are either beautiful and talented, powerful, or a kooky side note. The dialogue in the movie between the hero kid who was the lead and others made me feel like their was a giant sign above me blinking laugh now. Mostly everything was incredibly cued for effect and there wasn't a hint of subtlety or plot at all. Some things did not even make a hint of sense. Like Bumble Bee, the yellow Camaro you see in all the promo commercials, suddenly can turn from a POS beat up 1972' era Camero to a brand new one just by passing a new and beaming into it. Yet he can't do much when a building fall on him except go make some robo like noise. The voice over and dialogue of the autobots is made mostly for kids under 12.

Replayability/Depth: 7.0 I think one helping of Michael Bay without puking is enough. Unlike The Godfather, or American Beauty, or Lord Of The Rings I saw this once to know pretty much all about it. It's a stupid blockbuster for people that want to see robots fight, if that's all you expect you will be pleased, if you are expecting the movie of the year, I apologize.

Overall: 7.5 It's not bad and it made me remember my childhood in a lot of ways remembering that I grew up as young kid, I was born in 1977, playing with the original Hasbro toys and watching the series. It wasn't pooped all over for the way the designers made the robots, but the Michael Bayness was definately there in full force making you wonder why this guy is so full of himself and can make such stereotypical things yet when you hear him talk you would think he was Scorsese or Copalla. This movie's strength relies on the CG animators NOT MICHAEL BAY. In fact I think it would have been much better with someone like Singer or Raimi? They make good action movies, don't go overboard on overdoing things and make some parts feel a little bit believeable.

My impression of Michael Bay is like this if 2 guys are drinking coffee and notice it is out at work one would go "The Coffee is gone JOHN! It's your fucking fault the coffee is gone John, you knew we needed the most coffee on today! (Kicks over water color and weird twilght zone music comes on. Get's right in John's face and hit's John, John falls down and you notice he falls down and his pants pocket is centered down on to reveal a Teddy Bear falling out of his side pocket that looks silly that he had. (Audience is supposed to laugh there at cue). Before you think that's dumb, wait till you see the secret service guys strip in the movie, ughhh so dumb. His stuff is prescripted over adrenalized drama with a dumb no purpose punchline which I guess is how Bay envisions his world.

In Conclusion I don't think a 7.5 is giving it a bad grade at all I just thought of the movie coming out as three things that stayed with me: 1. The designers were top notch and were very creative how they designed the bots and how they moved and put a lot of thought into their design. 2. Michael Bay is one of the worst directors ever to walk the earth, the dialogue of the robots was so dumb at parts I wish they were mute or just would shut up! 3. The movie overall was a GIANT billboard for product placement. You see car Logo's so much you would think Chevy, GMC, or Peterbuilt made the movie. HP get's a nice close up to show they want to be the next Dell. I felt like a giant speaker should have came through after Bumble revved up in it's new Camaro form with all the camera angles saying "It's Today's Chevrolet!!! VRRoommm!" I think I would have enjoyed taking a kid to see this more than myself, personally I thought Ratatoille was more for adults than this move was.
    "The energies of the nation... shall be reserved for improvement of the condition of man, not wasted in his destruction."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Member EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant is so great, everyone in the universe is aware EternallyIgnorant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djangojazz View Post
    personally I thought Ratatoille was more for adults than this move was.
    Of course, Pixar made Ratatoille. Pixar is as close to perfect as I have ever seen.
    One day I will marry you.

Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427's Avatar
    Preparing to invade Canada, and Spider's Sister...
    Since we already agreed that Jazz hasn't figured out movies are suppose to be "fun". They are for you to forget your worries and suff yourself with popcorn and watch the eye candy.

HE thinks movies should be like watchning MSNBC.

Thus we ignored this thread. Since you were MIA we will excuse your post EI/JC
    Yeah, I know!! My daughter took over my GT. Talk shit if you want, but she will kick your ass in Black Ops

defender of good music djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz Is Darth Vader djangojazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingray427 View Post
    Since we already agreed that Jazz hasn't figured out movies are suppose to be "fun". They are for you to get your worries and suff yourself with popcorn and watch the eye candy.
    HE thinks movies should be like watchning MSNBC.
    Thus we ignored this thread. Since you were MIA we will excuse your post EI/JC
    LOL, that's kind of funny. Well here's to thinking you are trying to lose whatever intelligence you have if you make it a habit to see Michael Bay movies. Michael Bay, he is in a class all by himself and that bar he has set is very very low. I guess being smart and educated is a bad thing in this country and we should all bow down to stupidity in acting, script, plot and characters. Anything less is not the American way lately. I like action, I just shouldn't have to feel like I'm treated like I'm retarded when watching a movie if I'm older than 10 and I think that movie's dialogue even insults teenagers brains. I think I can watch Ridley Scott movies(Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Alien, American Ganster) or Borne Ultimatum's/James Bond and get more action with more intelligent dialogue and plot and yet amazingly they have more action too. I don't even see why people talk in his movies his dialogue is so stupid.
    "The energies of the nation... shall be reserved for improvement of the condition of man, not wasted in his destruction."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427 is a God Stingray427's Avatar
    Hey, I like Ridley Scott too! I just don't think most people go to movies to be mentaly challanged. They go for mindless entertainment. I like to buy smart movies so I can watch them over and over.
    Yeah, I know!! My daughter took over my GT. Talk shit if you want, but she will kick your ass in Black Ops

OH, and you GOTTA abmit the shot of Megan Fox's stomach looking under the hood. THAT was priceless. That scene alone is worth the price of the DVD.

Turning to the Darkside Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23's Avatar

Re: Transformers

I love this movie
    I am watching it right now as I type this
    "The Voice of the People"
    People's Liberation Army of Coloberta/Infraction Faction
    Originally Posted by Stingray427
    "We the when your house is on fire you to call THEM!!!"
    "Feel the Rhythm, Feel the Rhyme, Get on up, It's Bobsled time"

Pause it when it gets to the "money shot" of her stomach for me.

Ray's Autobiography: Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl is a God Kewl's Avatar

I thought this movie was brutal, the checking out the engine was the most exciting part...in more ways then one.

Turning to the Darkside Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23 is a God Roguesqd23's Avatar

Pause it when it gets to the "money shot" of her stomach for me.
    I would have but I would have gotten punched in the eye by the wife.
    Hey Ray if you have the HD version(dont know if it is on the standard) play the movie with the HUD on and read the cool stuff about the movie. Some of it is dumb but there are some interesting facts about the people in the movie and things in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewl View Post
    I thought this movie was brutal, the checking out the engine was the most exciting part...in more ways then one.
    Well Transformer 2 will be coming out in 2009. WOOT

jenna010986

well transformers looks a very good game for kids and robot lovers. :D

"doesn't know Jackshit" Of Hearts Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player is a God Unreal Player's Avatar

indeed, my brother rented it this morning, I might have to give it a try

Dun make me cut joo! GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan is a God GoodCitizenDan's Avatar

The transformers movie was good... assuming you slept through the first 45 minutes of it. God damn that shit was aweful.

My dad summed up the first half of the movie perfectly when I saw him watching it the other night... "If I wanted to see 45 minutes of teen drama I'd go watch the fucking WB."

Maybe the movie would have been better in the era of silent film where we wouldn't have had to hear these shitheads speak? I dunno.

Seriously, fuck every part of this movie besides the 20 minutes worth of robots fighting.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. "
    -Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GoodCitizenDan View Post
    The transformers movie was good... assuming you slept through the first 45 minutes of it. God damn that shit was aweful.
    My dad summed up the first half of the movie perfectly when I saw him watching it the other night... "If I wanted to see 45 minutes of teen drama I'd go watch the fucking WB."
    Maybe the movie would have been better in the era of silent film where we wouldn't have had to hear these shitheads speak? I dunno.
    Seriously, fuck every part of this movie besides the 20 minutes worth of robots fighting.
    If all I wanted was to see robots fighting I would go buy a Rockem Sockem set and tape the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguesqd23 View Post
    If all I wanted was to see robots fighting I would go buy a Rockem Sockem set and tape the fights.
    I still might have to do this

You should.

You should.
    if I do I am going to challenge you to the death. Well maybe not death but a bloodied up nose

Inquisitor fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula is a God fibula's Avatar

I'd see that movie.
    This is the best movie I've ever seen. It has a vampire and an explosion!

Quote Originally Posted by fibula View Post
    I'd see that movie.
    would you pay to see it. Ray is going to need some funds for the hospital bills he is going to get because of this fight. I am not going to hold back when I whip his ass. The only thing he is going to remember is the opening bell.

You ready old man?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information